Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A New Adventure in Sewing, Finale

My first quilt is finished.  It sure was an education!  I originally was going to take a class in town, but decided to start on my own.  By following a Craftsy class online,  I bought the fabric and assembled this 60" x 60" quilt.

I used my Necchi to do the quilting since it is in a table. Once I made my "sandwich" of quilt, cotton batting, and fabric backing, there was a lot of material to handle.  I  didn't free motion quilt, I simply sewed a line in the middle of the diamonds.

 I cheated a little and used Singer quilting book to help me do a quick binding.  This way the backing is folded over for the binding, instead of using strips of fabric.


Finished quilt

Backing

I still want to take a class, so my next quilt will be better, hopefully this month.

Thanks for stopping.

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt came out great. When I see all the beautiful fabrics out there, I can see how it could become addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Job! Your braver then I, I always use the quilt as you go method so I'm quilting smaller boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Your fabric choices are always good, Wil - especially here. I'm not a quilter and don't understand why it's so popular but perhaps it's something I don't dare try for fear I might fall into a creativity vortex!

    ReplyDelete