Sunday, January 14, 2018

Back to my old ways

I had fun making a quilt, and enjoy using it.  However, I am back to sewing clothes again.  This time I am going to try Burda122a.  Burdas are known for sketchy instructions.  But since this jacket looks like a jean jacket I made, I think I will give it a try.  I have everything I need including a wonderfully soft wool that I pre-washed and dried to pre-shrink it.

Burda 122a

Kwik Sew 3251 jacket looks similar
The pattern was downloaded from Burda.  After I printed it out, I had to add seam allowance, so I added 5/8" to all pieces.  I didn't adjust anything.

No pictures and confusing directions.  I really scratched my head a few times and ripped some threads.  This pattern is nothing like my jean jacket.

The side pockets are in the seam so they are back too far for me.  If I did this jacket again,  I would add welt pockets instead of the in-seam pockets.

I really liked working with this wool from Fashion Fabrics Club, it is soft and buttery.  And of course, my Necchi plowed thru it like nothing.

I used a piece of 100% polyester I bought from Joann's for the lining.  I found it in the clearance section, so the price was very reasonable.

Here I am in a  a made by me outfit; jacket, shirt, and jeans.








I am glad I persevered to the end.  This jacket fits nice and looks good.  I will be sure to wear it a lot.

Thanks for stopping.

2 comments: